Service Field Technician (Thompson, Manitoba)
We are looking for a Service Field Technician to join our team at Jannatec Technologies to assist in delivering our expected customer service experience. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention, and increase profitability.
This position’s main responsibility is to program, install, test, troubleshoot and repair communications and safety equipment including:
- Two-way radio and wireless communication systems.
- Leaky feeder systems utilizing underground and surface coverage.
- Mobile proximity detection system on mining equipment.
Other responsibilities include
- In-house bench repairs.
- Assistance with product builds as required.
- Interpreting customer requirements to understand and anticipate their needs.
- Provide telephone customer support for fault diagnosis and technical guidance.
- Processing of Work Orders, Service reports and other administrative paperwork associated with day-to-day operations.
- Assist in design and configuration of product and applications based on specific site requirements.
- Other tasks assigned by management.
- Working knowledge of Motorola Portables and other radios.
- The individual filling this role must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- A good team player who can demonstrate a positive and self-motivated attitude.
- Valid driver license (with a clean driver’s abstract)
- Must be willing and able to work underground in mining environments.
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment while ensuring attention to detail and quality.
- Experience an asset with networking software, hardware, communication software, MS Office, MS Outlook, radio communication equipment, telecommunication systems.
- Working remotely – Thompson, Manitoba
- Willing and able to travel within Canada and internationally to support our clients
- Compensation: $20.00 – $29.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision care benefits
- Life insurance benefits
- 2 permanent full-time vacancies
- Available as soon as possible
- Day shifts, overtime, on-call
- Preference to an individual with a college diploma (Electronic/Electrical/Instrumentation Technician /Technologist Program or equivalent)
- Experience with 2-way radios/wireless systems is an asset; however, we are willing to train suitable candidate.
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position: